To collaborate with the people who live and who work in Industry, South Central, and surrounding neighborhoods to build a stronger and more unified community.
The Resident Listening Initiative
From listening to neighbors, Urban Light Community Development will continue or create new initiatives in the three focus areas: The Lighthouse Recovery Home, House Revitalization, and Neighborhood Revitalization. The program is designed to connect neighbors to each other and to their respective neighborhood associations. Ultimately, the program is designed to engage and support natural leaders within the different neighborhoods.
In 2019, 40 neighbors from the Industry, South Central, and Thomas Park Avondale neighborhoods participated in the resident listening initiative. By listening to our neighbors, Urban Light Community Development has been able to partner with Industry neighbors to start a pilot Adopt-A-Lot program where neighbors are given a stipend to care for overgrown, vacant lots.
- We highly value resident listening
- Collaboration, collaboration, collaboration
- We highly value reciprocity with our neighbors
- The majority of committee representation will be residents
Neighborhood Engagement Committee Makeup
- Residents of Industry, South Central and Thomas Park Avondale neighborhoods
- Key Stakeholder: Open Door, Ivy Tech Community College, Skilled Expertise, etc.