Position Description for Urban Light Community Development Corporation
Title: Associate Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Job type: Part-time
Summary of position
The Associate Director is responsible for the broad administrative development of the organization. The Associate Director reports to the Executive Director, and assists the organization’s day-to-day operations within resource development, marketing, and program delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Resource & Marketing Development
- Facilitates Resource Development Committee
- Assists with grant writing along with Executive Director
- Directs stewardship outreach to donors including thank-you letters, walking tours, etc.
- Creates content for bi-annual newsletters and End of Year letter
- Leads resource development events
- Creates and implements social media content
- Maintains the organization’s website
- Property Management: Collects monthly rent and maintains rental workbooks
- Fields all property maintenance needs
- Oversees annual mowing contract for all properties
- Facilitates the Industry Neighborhood mowing adopt-a-lot program
- Assists with Neighborhood Engagement Committee projects, as directed by Executive Director
Position Qualifications and Experience:
Education: Associate Degree with 2 years of nonprofit, community work required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Skills and abilities:
- Proficiency in the use of computers: word processing, Excel, Email, Internet
- Exceptional people skills and community outreach experience including public speaking
- Experience in project management
- Experience with fundraising, grant writing and management, and resource development
- Good communication skills
Application Requirements & Deadline
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Rolling interviews may be scheduled as soon as applications are received.
The above job description and statements of duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the prospective employee in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this position. Management of Urban Light Community Development reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Urban Light Community Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.